NanoImpact: A new journal on the safety of nanomaterials
What is NanoImpact?
From the journal:
NanoImpact is a multidisciplinary journal that focuses on nanosafety research and areas related to the impacts of manufactured nanomaterials on human and environmental systems and the behavior of nanomaterials in these systems. As such it will publish in the following areas:
- Human Nanotoxicology – nano-bio interactions and effects on human health;
- Econanotoxicology – nano-bio interactions and effects on organism and ecosystem health;
- Exposure – nanomaterial release, fate and behavior in the environment and human/engineered systems;
- Risk Assessment and Life Cycle Assessment
Other areas, such as the development of methodological and modelling approaches and the development of materials and methods to enhance nanosafety, are appropriate if there is a clear and demonstrable link to the above themes.
Types of article NanoImpact publishes the following article types:
- Original Research Articles: Demonstrate important new discoveries in the relevant fields;
- Critical Reviews: Comprehensively summarize and evaluate the latest developments in the relevant field;
- Opinion (former Frontiers): Identify potential new important areas in the relevant field;
- Short Communications: A brief communication of urgent matter or the reporting of preliminary findings to be given expedited publication.
Original Research Articles and Critical Reviews are limited to 7000 and 10000 words excluding figures, tables and references. A maximum of 6 figures/tables are allowed for research and review articles. Frontiers are limited to 2000 words, with up to an additional 3 figures and tables allowed. References are not included in this word limit. Longer articles can be considered if authors can provide a compelling argument in the cover letter. Editors will make the final decision.
Read the journal -> here <-